A Letter From Our CEO
Dear clients, prospects, stakeholders and friends:
In the fourth quarter of 2017 we pulled back the curtain -- following months of preparation, stress, moments of disillusionment fully offset by excitement -- with the targeted roll-out of Meru Global Technologies inaugural product offering and pricing structure.
Thanks first and foremost to those people on the receiving end of this note who either advised, mentored, subsidized, humored or provided feedback along the way. I hope this message reflects significant progress from my original unstructured theoretical incoherence that each of you endured at some point during this journey.
While keeping this inaugural note brief, I did want to share my first main lesson to-date, as an overnight, self-labeled “CEO” and “Founder.” That is: My full appreciation that my prior skillset as a professional, internal, investment analyst relative to the skillset required in the salesman-newco-CEO seat are very, very different beasts indeed.
The subsequent required learning curve has been humbling, but greater parts invigorating, and one I have attacked with focus not seen in some time. This has been driven by my true belief in both our current product, but also my internal vision for what I am attempting to build over the years and hopefully decades to come.
Personal reflections complete:
This periodic distribution will normally serve as a highly targeted megaphone and branding mechanism attached to what is usually a fully-closed ecosystem platform/community. Its main purpose will be to create, define and drive our Company’s external equity currency value over the long term.
However, today’s inaugural version will simply serve to share my earlier thoughts concluding below with a concise company introductory overview aimed to inform and update our current clients, stakeholders, as well as any other of its recipients.
Philip Capone, CFA
CEO at Meru Global Technologies
LSU Innovation Park / Louisiana Business & Technology Center
Meru Global Technologies provides bespoke, confidential, internal investment process management; human capital management; research franchise management; and related distribution services, helping asset managers, investment professionals, and research providers navigate the post MiFID II world. Contact us to learn more at www.meruglobal.com or our membership services group at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Core Value Proposition For Asset Managers (The Meru Global Solution):
- Primary: Compress front-office Senior Analyst (and by default Associate level) costs to a Portfolio Manager or Asset Manager by at least 50%
- Secondary: Reduce related organization support costs and potential liabilities (both explicit & implicit) attached to taxes, payroll, vacation, insurance, HR compliance, bonus process, ETC
The Meru Global Solution offers for sale a Senior Analyst Investment Professional for Purchase on a Block Hour Basis (within our ecosystem). Block hours purchased can be used to generate work product deliverables fully bespoke to support each client's general investment process needs with engagement and information flow between each party structured to provide confidentiality and protection of each client's intellectual property and investment process.
A Subscription Membership Service Pricing Model:
- We bill each client through a streamlined process using a constant $, 1st of the month, recurring subscription payment model;
- A X% retainer payment is due on contract signing;
- Contract is cancellable AT ANY TIME without penalty;
- Payment can be made through Corporate or Personal Credit or Debit, or through Soft-Dollar via Cowen Westminster or Jefferies (for allowed services);
- Our standard new client membership package is a twelve month equivalent 120 hour block of time (10/hrs a month);
- Bespoke arrangements are welcomed but are structured out on a case by case basis.
Meru Global's Block-Hour Framework:
- Our block hour framework is based on a one person 2,000 hour work-year equivalent (50 weeks @ 40 hours a week);
- The standard subscription package formally equates to 120 labor hours attached to a given fully loaded, salary level ($X per hour equivalent).
Our Always Growing, In-Ecosystem, Ancillary Membership Services currently available to Members:
- Dedicated, client siloed file sharing, storage and transfer system;
- Electronic document signature services;
- Industry leading electronic distribution and document rights management solutions;
- Access to our Enterprise Remote Communication Platform;
- On-call, United States domiciled, human phone support.